TX Corporation, trading as Tixtu, ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect about you, or that you provide to us, through tixtu.com (our site), will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
TX Corporation sells tickets on behalf of its clients (event organisers). This policy sets out how we share your information with event organisers but it also applies to visitors to our site who do not register or do not purchase tickets.
This policy should be read in conjunction with our Cookies policy
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information by registering on our site, purchasing tickets, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
The information you give us may include:
- your name, address, e-mail address and phone number; and
- information you give us to enable us to process your booking, such as the name of the event, and the number of tickets purchased. Payment is managed by one of our payment providers so we do not hold billing information such as credit card details but we may receive a token that references the payment transaction / details.
Information we collect about you. We may collect the following information:
- when you browse events or purchase tickets through our site we may collect information about your preferences and the types of events which you are interested in;
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform,
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from third parties as follows:
- from event organisers. For example, if the event has been cancelled, the event organiser may ask us to arrange a refund;
- from technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies.
- from social media or other service providers we use. This would apply where, for example, you post on our Facebook page or interact with us using one or our apps.
How we use your information
We will use this information:
- to enable us to process your order;
- if we have your permission, to provide you with information about other events, products and services which we think may be of interest to you. For example, if you book tickets for a jazz concert we may provide you with information about other similar events;
- to improve the services we offer to you and others, for example, where you provide us with feedback.
- for legal reasons such as fraud prevention and to check that you are complying with our terms and conditions and to enforce our legal rights;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with third parties as follows:
- When you purchase tickets we will need to tell the event organiser so that they can fulfil your order. We will, in particular, need to tell them that you have purchased tickets for their event, the number of tickets purchased and any other information whch might be relevant;
- We may also need to share your information with others who provide services in connection with events. For example, we may need to give your name and booking details to the access control provider at an event for the purposes of validating the ticket before entry.
- Where we have your permission, we may share information about your interests and preferences with other event organisers. For example, if you book an event with one event organiser we may tell another event organiser about that booking so that they can tell you about their own events which may interest you.
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may share your personal information with advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we have a legal obligation to do so or for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We, along with the event organisers, are data controllers in respect of your information. We are registered with the Information Commissioner (who regulates data protection).
You can find out more about data protection, and our registration, on the Information Commissioner's website by clicking here